It is a voluntary body based at the Canal Centre in Manse Road, Linlithgow and unpaid volunteers are responsible for the facilities and all activities including:
- Operating and maintaining the Society’s boats and premises
- Staffing the Museum and Tea Room
- Engaging in canal clean-ups and conservation
- Taking part in local events such as Deacons’ Night and The Linlithgow Marches
- Organising social events for members
- The Canal Fun day and cardboard boat race
- Sales and fund-raising events
- Publishing books and pamphlets
- Giving talks and slide shows
- Promoting LUCS activities through this website, leaflets, advertising and the press.
New members are always very welcome. If you would like to know more about us, come to the Canal Basin in Linlithgow any Saturday morning to speak with one of our members. To join, please complete the LUCS Membership Application Form.
LUCS committee contacts :
- Chairman: email@example.com
- Committee Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: email@example.com
- Bookings Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Museum Curator: email@example.com
- Marketing Convenor: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website Administrator: email@example.com
LUCS can also be contacted by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact email@example.com if you have specific booking queries.
Postal Address: Linlithgow Union Canal Society, Manse Road Basin, Linlithgow, West Lothian, EH49 6AJ.
Linlithgow Union Canal Society is Registered in Scotland as a Company Limited by Guarantee. Registered No. 71328 Registered Office: Canal Basin, Manse Road, Linlithgow EH49 6AJ.
LUCS is a Scottish Charity No. SC 011100