It is a voluntary body based at the Canal Centre in Manse Road, Linlithgow and unpaid volunteers are responsible for the facilities and all activities including:
- Operating and maintaining the Society’s boats and premises
- Staffing the Museum and Tea Room
- Engaging in canal clean-ups and conservation
- Taking part in local events such as Deacons’ Night and The Linlithgow Marches
- Organising social events for members
- The Canal Fun day and cardboard boat race
- Sales and fund-raising events
- Publishing books and pamphlets
- Giving talks and slide shows
- Promoting LUCS activities through this website, leaflets, advertising and the press.
New members are always very welcome. If you would like to know more about us, come to the Canal Basin in Linlithgow any Saturday morning to speak with one of our members. To join, please complete the LUCS Membership Application Form.
LUCS Office Bearers 2017
- Chairman: Allan Melling email@example.com
- Vice Chairman: Johnny Green
- Committee Secretary: Norman Foulner firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: David Shirres email@example.com
- Bookings Secretary: Graham Scott firstname.lastname@example.org
- Membership Secretary: Dennis Franks
- Museum Curator: Elspeth Ross email@example.com
- Marketing Convenor: Duncan McIntyre firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website Administrator: Elspeth Ross email@example.com
LUCS can also be contacted by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the intended recipient in the subject line.
Please contact email@example.com if you have specific booking queries.
Postal Address: Linlithgow Union Canal Society, Manse Road Basin, Linlithgow, West Lothian, EH49 6AJ.
Tel: 01506 671215 (Answer only Machine)
Linlithgow Union Canal Society is Registered in Scotland as a Company Limited by Guarantee. Registered No. 71328 Registered Office: Canal Basin, Manse Road, Linlithgow EH49 6AJ.
LUCS is a Scottish Charity No. SC 011100